Consultations with a Careers Advisor is free to registered UCT students. These are common issues that students discuss in consultations:
- Exploring career options and ideas
- Discussing changing degrees or courses
- Exploring options after graduation
- Finding out about jobs and sectors
- Applications and interview advice
- Looking for vacation, part time or graduate work
- Applying for bursaries, scholarships or postgraduate study
CV and Cover Letter reviews
Before seeing a careers advisor to have a CV or cover letter review, make sure that you have used our resources Find them here.
It is also a good idea to use our walk in service to make sure your structure and layout is correct. You will not be able to see a careers advisor for a CV review unless your CV shows evidence of using our resources.